A meaty spaghetti sauce that’s easy to make and full of flavor.
1 pound ground beef, give or take a little
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 bell pepper
1/2 a small onion
1 clove garlic or 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp cilantro
1 tsp basil
1 bay leaf – optional
1. In a pot, brown ground beef – our grocery story tends to make the packages of ground beef either lighter or heavier than a pound (intention, I know).. so I just go with whatever they have that’s closest.
2. In a separate pan, saute pepper and onion until soft and slightly browned.
3. Add garlic, cilantro and basil. Stir a bit, then add in the ground beef.
4. Add tomato sauce and bay leaf.
5. Cover and let simmer 30 minutes.
We like this over thick bread, with or without spaghetti!